Windshield CRACKED on 2006 525i

Page 2 of 2
On 13 Apr 2006 09:20:10 -0700, "Benzo Convert"

No worries. Here in Arizona windshields are replaced often. There are so many rocks and debris laying around on the streets that it's real common. And I think you should not worry about leaks.

I have a 1988 735i but never had a cracked windshield on it. Had a few on other cars. Cost about $400. Your price seems high. I lived in NJ for 50 years and drove 287 hundreds of times. The road sucks and is all broken up. You probably got a stone and didn't know it and the car stressed in the sun or whatever. Cracks sometimes show up days later after a hit. sorry about it. good luck.

One of the benefits of living in Massachusetts is, there is no deductible on glass breakage. The insurance company picks up the whole tab. That's the law.
Tim/

They also tend to get badly stone chipped after a lot of high speed miles and have to be changed for that. It's a routine job and I'd never pay dealer prices for it.
--
*Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups *