2006 S60 Windshield replacement

Hi all,

My cracked windshield (flying rocks off a dump truck) is about to be replaced. I'm a bit nervous because my car is only 6 months old.

Is it a straight forward job to replace the windshield on an S60? What are the things that can go wrong? And how will I know if the glass shop did a good job?

Thanks for your advice.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Kingston

I wouldn't worry about it. Modern Volvos tend to be a bit more complicated than other cars but replacing a windshield is pretty straight forward. Are you going for OEM or aftermarket glass? I actually like the aftermarket glass that was installed in my 1999 S70 better than the OEM. The tint across the top is larger and a nicer colour.

Jordan B. 1999 S70 Loaded!

Mark K> Hi all,

Reply to
Jabber

Reply to
Jamie

Thanks for the reassurance Jordan. I'm going for OEM because the glass shop told me that they may not be able to find aftermarket for my car. My insurance is covering the cost of the replacement so I didn't mind.

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Kingston

Thanks Jamie, I chose Speedy Auto Glass in North Vancouver. I just dropped the car off at 9:30am and they said I could pick it up at 3pm the same day. Hope that's enough time?

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Kingston