Tundra Windshield cracked

Last Winter, my winshield cracked as I was driving down the street on a cold day. I tried to turn it in for warrentee work, by the dealer said that it had to be chipped.

I figured that the dealer, knowing that I didn't buy the truck there (I got it used) didn't want to mess with it and brushed me off.

Has anyone else had this problem with Tundras?

Reply to
John Carlson

"John Carlson" sez:

If there is/was a chip in the critical windshield edge area to serve as a stress riser, it'll be visually evident as the crack will pass right through it ... you can visually inspect this yourself by inspecting the crack area in the 3" from the edge. The dumbass dealer should have done this inspection and showed you the "chip" when you took it in.

No, and to keep it that way especially here in the Rocky Mountain west where the front of any car gets sand/gravel blasted through the winter, I had this stuff installed:

(read their FAQ) It paid for itself 3 days after taking the truck home from the dealer as a

3/4" sized rock bounced off of it just 1/2" from the edge of the glass (and boy did I see that sucker coming - I ducked!). The resulting impact left a nice divot in the plastic and the glass underneath was unharmed.

The only drawback to having the stuff on the windshield is that you have to be real careful with the ice scraper in the winter or you can peel it off.

Good vehicle preservation to ya, VLJ

Reply to
vlj

I have never heard of a windshield being a warranty issue. It's usually an insurance item. Call your insurance carrier.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland