how to make my car shake at idle

Page 2 of 2
Hey that's a thought, if I could get my wife to get interested in muscle cars, life would be so different... I do know that some women do like 'em, I had a girlfriend who loved the 68
Camaro I had at the time, in fact I SOLD it to her...too bad I let her go...
Terry

: Hey that's a thought, if I could get my wife to get interested in muscle : cars, life would be so different... : I do know that some women do like 'em, I had a girlfriend who loved the 68 : Camaro I had at the time, : in fact I SOLD it to her...too bad I let her go... : : Terry
You mean the car of course....right?
Ah, yeah, she was a real nice Camaro.....
">

I have just gotten my g/f interested in the sports car/muscle car thing...... we bought the Firebird together (almost 50/50) lol.. and we've been putting together Charger, and Trans Am models the last few days... I have even been testing what years and generations cars are that we see. Whats funny is she usually starts off " Well that kinda looks like Dennis' car, but <insert piece> is different" Lol... Its really exciting. So hopefully we get enough time this summer to rip the Firebird apart and see what the 8 previous owners have done to the poor thing.... You will probably be seeing a lot of questions then. <g> Wish us luck!
--

Well catch ya later,
-KITT
Dean ___________________________________ Terry wrote:

puked:

When mine needs a break from the rugrats, I tell her to drop the top and go take a drive. It works every time... -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
LMAO

Install a .500 lift cam in it......
~John

of
On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 00:24:11 -0500, "stephen"

Get a lump, lump, lumpier cam and solid motor mounts. Works for me. A fresh engine rebuild is recommended even though the cam change will do the job.
...Ron -- 68' RS Camaro 88' Formula Bird
http://www.frontiernet.net/~rscamero
Some are wise and some are otherwise

of
So you want a car that's as loud as you can get it, and shakes like a son-of-a-gun. I suppose you can get the desired effect by removing the muffler and some of the spark plugs . . .
I'm getting the impression that you want your car to resemble a race car, without actually being a race car. I hate to break the news to you, but an 81 Camaro is no race car. About the best Camaro to come anywhere near that category was the 69 Z-28. It indeed had a cam that was a little too hot for the street, and it lugged and thumped as you waited for the light to change. But bear in mind that the only reason the car idles rough is because the cam is made with emphasis toward acceleration and higher RPM's, and idling suffers because of it. The reason for noise has to do with the elimination of back pressure -- okay for the race track but not good on the highway, and illegal.
If you really want to impress someone with your car's engine, I suggest you find another engine. Possibly yours can be rebuilt with hotter cam and such, but I strongly recommend a professional do it. The engine's original design was to give you something to pull the car, while keeping inside all those government restrictions for pollution and fuel economy. This involved much more than a shorter stroke and covers on the carb screws. My personal opinion is to leave your car as is, and find a 60's car to tinker with.
During the day I drive a nice cushy Cadillac; Saturday night I pull out my cruiser -- a 64 Thunderbird with a rebuilt engine and a new cam . . . wish it would idle smoother . . .
-- Gary E. Tayman/Tayman Electrical Sound Solutions For Classic Cars http://www.taymanelectrical.com
have someone stand by the rear fender and pull up and down on the wheel well really fast

when
an
that
for