How to make dash lights brighter...

Greets.

2002 Camry LE. The dash lights--all of em including the heater, radio, vents, fuel guage, speedo, etc.--are just kinda barely visible when cranked to the max. Is there a way to brighten all these up?

Something simple like a rheostat someplace or would I have to replace all those bulbs with something brighter?

Thanks,

tom

Reply to
Big Kahuna

This is a 2002? IIRC, they are pretty bright.

Did you buy the car new? Have you noticed a degradation in the brilliance over time?

If so, I would look for a loose plug; just loose enough to allow 'carbonizing' but not enough to disconnect.

Either that or, as you suspect, the rheostat is carbonizing.

Alternately (this isn't one of those flourescent/vacuum displays, is it?) you could swap out the 168 bulbs in the cluster for 192's. But from your description it appears to be global, so I'd be looking for bad contact somewhere; connector, rheostat or switch.

Reply to
Vash the Stampede

Have you tried adjusting the lights via the control that is also the oddometer/Trip reset button? Or in the gages?

Reply to
orlando46

Any vehicle that i have ever owned has a dimmer switch on the dash. When in doubt, either RTFM and or do a Google on the net.

Reply to
Sharx35