2000 Montana wiring problem

Every time I stepped on the brake lights the driving lights would go out on my trailer and the people that responded had a consensus of a bad ground. Well I fixed that and now even if the trailer is not hooked up to the truck I now blow the brake light fuse when I step on the brake. I was wondering if it is possibly the adapter that converts six wires into four wires. Had a few responses last hope someone can help me this time.Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Dog

I would expect that is it. You must have your brake light line hooked to ground.

We need an explanation of how that adapter is wired to comment further.

If the brake blows the fuse I would expect that right or left turn would do it too.

Reply to
Dick