Spring has sprung

They've obviously reformulated the gasoline for the warm season. My fuel economy jumped from about 12.5 MPG to 17.0 since the previous fill-up.

Until November... Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Oh, that sure sounds good. I havn't been tracking the mileage of my vehicles. I just blamed gasohol when the van went from 18 to 15.5 MPG.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

A 35% increase in fuel economy from winter to summer blend of regular gasoline? 35% is more than the mileage gain from E85 to regular gas.

Reply to
Augustus

Ridiculous isn't it? But every November (or thereabouts) my fuel economy suddenly goes in the dumpster, and by the end of winter it has dropped to 13-ish. Then it goes up again for the summer. (I've never had it be quite this dramatic tho'.) I know part of it is the temperature, but it changes suddenly, and doesn't quite coincide with the actual temperature changes.

I figure the winter gasoline has a lot more butane mixed it.

Bob, in Minnesota

Reply to
zxcvbob

LMAO!

Reply to
Steve Barker

LMAO!

Reply to
Steve Barker

im wondering how long in the winter you let your vehicle warm up for ..befor driving away ?

economy jumped from

Reply to
Chevy