Has new spring has upset ant-iroll bar?

Just had a nearside front coil spring replaced by kwikfit which broke on my

1994 corolla. That cost me £100. Immediately after that i had a new rattle which seems connected to the suspension.

I took it back and left it for a day. They said they had taken off the spring and put it back so thats not the problem. They said they have found that its the anti-roll bar causing the rattle and that will cost me another £80 to get that fixed.

Is there any likely hood that what they have done in replacing the spring is connected to this new rattle? Not sure on how to best proceed?

Reply to
john brook

Roll bar bushes or mounts? Maybe they were on their last legs and got disturbed.

Reply to
John Williamson

Its quite possible the antiroll bar was damaged when the spring broke

Reply to
steve robinson

I'm asuming you mean the anti-roll bar end link & not the anti-roll bar itself ? if its the end link, you can get it done for hell of a lot cheaper then Kwikfit quoted.

Reply to
reg

Springs should be replaced as a pair. You now have a saggy old spring and a new spring. The anti roll bar is trying to compensate.

Reply to
Peter Hill

That surprised me too in not having been replaced in pairs, Usually sold in pairs. Unless they bought a genuine one from a dealer.

Reply to
Rob