1996 neon insturment cluster

does anyone know how difficult it is to change a 96 neon insturment cluster. My speedo is not working and I want to change the cluster with a used one.

Reply to
Mike

Are you confident that the speedo itself is bad? Many times, an inoperative speedo will be caused by a defective transmission speed sensor.

-Kirk Matheson

Reply to
kmatheson

The circuit "board" on that car has been known to cause problems. I replaced the one on my daughter's '98 in just over half an hour - I bought a used one and swapped the original odo in to keep the original mileage.The "flexible PC board" was shot.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Is the gas gauge known to fail or act up on these clusters?

Reply to
mike