1997 Chrysler LHS Check Engine light

Hi...

Absolutely no qualification to speak to this, but just in case no one else noticed...

Is it possible that 500 rpm is much too slow to turn the oil pump quickly enough to generate sufficient oil pressure?

Should he perhaps be looking at "why so slow" first?

Just a thought..

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

philthy

The advice is still the same. Replace oil pressure switch. Check oil pressure with a gage. This is a very common problem - is almost always an out of cal. pressure switch - but just in case, verify that oil pressure is still in spec. Worry about the bearings etc. after doing the other things first. Why are we having to repeat this?

Bill Putney

Heh! Reminds me of the poster of the 60's - charicature of a scraggly old vulture sitting in a tree looking over the countryside - the caption was (vulture talking): "Patience my ass! I'm going to kill something!"

Come on - I could have been a *lot* nastier. :)

Bill Putney