89 Plymouth Horizon front disk keeps siezing up

I have a 89 Plymouth Horizon that had a deeply scarred passenger rotor due to the caliper locking up on it. I replaced the brake pads, damaged rotor, left and right rebuilt calipers and also a brake line on the driver's side that was not passing the fluid correctly when bled. Everything looks great but the passenger side caliper is locking up again. I bled the brakes several times and there is no air in the lines. Any thoughts Note this car only has 29,000 miles and has been sitting a long time

Reply to
stein_way

Replace the rubber line on the passenger side. They have a bad habit of breaking on the inside and the broken piece acts like a one way valve. Step on the brake and the fluid is forced in to the caliper then when you let off the brake the broken rubber blocks the line locking the brake on.

Might as well get the one(s) on the back as well. If the other two were toast the back can't be far behind.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

I had a similiar problem with rear calipers on an 88 New Yorker. I changed out the rubber hoses, that did not fix it. The problem was the caliper rubber piston seal, not the dust seal, but a rubber ring that sits between the caliper housing and the piston was hardening up. It is also possible that the caliper is not sliding in and out properly due to wear of the external mating surfaces.

I'm not a professional, just a shade tree mechanic. Steve

Reply to
Steven Stone