99 T&C limited

I test drove one and loved it but it had no owners manual and the "L" shaped series of buttons in the center of the dash kept blinking. I think they were the buttons for the rear wiper and washer etc. Whatever buttons are just to the left and below the sliding dual temperature indicators. They blinked throughout the test drive - any clue as to what that means? I loved it otherwise and the price was right. HELP!

Reply to
Dan

There is a problem with the HVAC system. possibly a leak in the system

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname

Is that enough to kill the deal? I like it otherwise - how much could it possibly cost to fix? AC blows cold.

Reply to
Dan

Grind them down further on price, if you really like it...and don't let them KNOW you like it. If there's 134 in the system making it "blow cold" now, it might be gone in short order. This may or may not be a hose or gasket. Tell them you know what "das blinken lights" mean and either that they dump the car on a "skinny" deal, or you walk. Don't fall for pleasantries and sad stories from the salesman or the closer. If they need to move a car that day, they'll drop the price further. If they don't, just leave it for a sucker. Bear in mind that this might have a leaky evaporator or condenser, too, the former of which isn't going to be a cheap fix. Do you smell the etherial odor of PAG oil in the interior? If so, I'd probably pass, unless they came down below low book on an otherwise nice wagon.

Remember, all car dealers, with very few exceptions these days, are thieves. Your job is to be smarter than they are, which certainly isn't hard!

Reply to
DeserTBoB

The air cond control head may need recalibrated. Has the battery been changed or was battery low or dead or jumped. Try a recalbration procedure on it. If the recalbration does not work it will give codes to point to the problem. They have a lot of HAVC module problems. MT

Reply to
MT-2500

As MT stated it could just be a calibration problem but don't let them tell you that's all it is. That van is prone to have a faulty evaporator or even a bad condenser. If the evap is bad that's gonna cost about a $1000.00 to $1500.00 to fix. The condenser would be half that.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
philthy

I don't really see that as being cheap for a 99 with that many miles. If it is a dealer you can bet that they know what the flashing light means and are hoping a sucker comes along and buys it so they have to fix the problem. If it was my $5600 I would keep shopping.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

If it were a only calibration problem, you can bet the dealer would have pushed the magic buttons and fixed it.

Reply to
Dipstick

A person never knows untill it is checked out. But I have saw some that the calibration was lost from a weak battery or changing batttery. Which happens a lot on a used car lot. I bought one one time that the battery had ben replaced. Test drove it and all was OK. Bought it and started home and light started flashing. Recalibrated it and worked for 6 mo. then the module went out. MT

Reply to
MT-2500