99 Rav4 Owners Manual?

My fiancée just bought a 99 Rav4 4x4 with about 200,000 km on it. However, it didn't come with a manual. I did a quick search online and didn't find anything in the way of a free download.

We would like to know what type of oil should be used (and if it is temperature dependant like my civic). The size of the gas tank would be nice to know to confirm the gauge is working accurately. Also, the maximum weight load for the spare tire mount.

Of course, if someone has a manual scanned or knows of a good site for this kind of thing, that would be very much appreciated.

Reply to
CH®IS

Sorry, I can't help you with a free owner's manual download, although you can get the abbreviated version at

Use the oil that is listed on the oil filler cap, probably 5W-30. While Toyota lists optional oil viscosities for different temperatures, 5W-30 should be fine for most operating conditions.

The maximum weight load for the spare tire mount is probably the weight of the tire plus a rack and 1 bicycle.

Reply to
Ray O

That didn't work!!!

Online manuals are available for 1996 to current model years. Please contact your Local Dealer for assistance with your 1985 Corolla.

Hmmm...I registered on the web site in 1994 with my Hachiroku...

Reply to
hachiroku

I meant for the OP's 99 Rav4! ;-)

Reply to