Chrysler 1975 rebate amount

"Buy a car, get a check!" urged Joe Garagiola during the 1975 Superbowl. Did anyone actually take advantage of this offer? How much was it?

Reply to
Joshua.Godinez

Read "Iaccoca" (or is it "Iacocca"?).

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

IIRC it was "up to $500" or something like that depending on the model / price.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

According to one internet source I found" Chrysler offers the auto industry's first rebate, $200-$400 on certain models purchased before mid-February."

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Also see:

nospam.clare.nce

Iacocca was still working for ford then I think

Reply to
rob

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

ok I'll go over to the old mans house and read it again......its been 12 yrs or so

Reply to
rob

Thanks. I found various amounts quoted on the net and couldn't figure out what the correct one was. I just wanted to find out if anyone had actually taken advantage of it. FYI: I called Chrysler and their historian (who'd a thunk they have a position called historian) said it was $200. I appreciate the feedback.

Reply to
Joshua.Godinez