Dynasty transmission cable

The transmission cable for my 91 Dynasty disconnected from the shift bracket underneath the dash. It looks like it should just snap into the plastic grommet on the bracket, but no matter how hard I try, it won't snap into place. Not only that, it's in a very tight place with not much room. Is there a trick or special tool needed to hook the cable up to the bracket? Thanks Jim Rockford, IL

Reply to
Jim