Transmission Cable 2001 300m

I just had the dealer replace the ransmission cable on my wife's 2001 300M. It has 88K highway miles and that defect cost me $340. I have a 100K extended warranty but this part is not covered (of course). Does anyone out there now if this is a common problem with 300m's or Chrysler's in general?

Tom

Reply to
Tommo

Tom, I have not had to replace one nor have I seen anyone else in the shop replace one. I just checked and there aren't any TSB's out on this issue either. Is this an added care Chrysler Service Contract or an after market Service Contract?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
tim bur

Yes - it was a fairly common problem on earlier year 2nd gen. LH's, though I haven't had the problem on my '99 Concorde - used to see posts on

and the 300M Club forums about the problem. However, no recalls or TSB's on the problem. There was a recall on ignition and shift interlocks, but that's not the same thing.

Bill Putney