Grinding sound

This morning on the way to work I started to hear this sound... and at first I thought it may have been a squeaking belt or something... then it progressively became worse and I believe it is on the passenger side

rear of the vehicle.

I recently had the front wheel bearings replaced on my 98 Plymouth Breeze with about 80k on it.

The grinding noise stops when I apply the brake pedal, but as soon as I

lift my foot, and the car starts to move... I hear it again and the sound gets faster with the speed of the car.

Thoughts on what it could be?

Reply to
dna0603

I would start with a brake inspection & checking the rear wheel bearings

Reply to
sqdancerLynn

Check the parking brake for drag, also. Most likely, rear shoes are going, if not gone.

Reply to
Knifeblade_03

it sounds like the brake pads are worn out to the rivets, and/or the caliper is stuck

new pads, worst case new calipers and rotors, will fix that

you may be able to cut the old rotors, but they are so cheap now, it's better to just buy new ones.

Reply to
duty-honor-country

Moron! If the pad material was worn to the rivets, it'd grind MORE when applied.

Further proof that Charles M. Nudo, Jr of Drums, PA is an incompent mechanic, lies about his "automotive knowledge" and is a Usenet troll. Block his addresses in your kill filer now:

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
DeserTBoB

If we take your advice to kill-file him, and we all continue to read your enlightening posts, we will see his posts anyway because you keep replying to everything he writes, including the ones he deletes through Google. What kind of sense does that make?

Reply to
Robbie and Laura Reynolds

It wouldn't. I thought you'd already kill filed me!

It's obvious to me that Charlie Nudo has attached himself like a virus to this NG after stalking me in here, and is ruining it through his usual plan of sedition and division, so enjoy. I'm not having any more of it.

Reply to
DeserTBoB

Don't tease us.

Reply to
Robbie and Laura Reynolds

If you would take your GM (General Maintenance) discussions to a Chitty Chebby group, we wouldn't have to worry about either one of you.

Larry Behold Beware Believe

Reply to
Larry Crites

In otherwords go away. Lushy