This morning I learned the hard way................

This morning I learned the hard way................

That my low-fuel warning lamp does not work and my fuel guage over-reads slightly.

bugger.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Ah, you must own a Land Rover...

Reply to
Mother

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Mr.Nice. at snipped-for-privacy@-nospam-clara.co.uk wrote on 24/2/04 9:38:

Reply to
Rory Manton

I borrowed my mates landy a couple of months ago, and probably did about 20 miles and then came back home (I was running errands for him anyhow!). His fuel guage didnt work, so i was worried that i would run out of juice, but i didnt. He came to go to work later in the day, and managed to get about a mile before it ran out. I had a good laugh :) (but still went out in the 101 to rescue him). He says hes fixing the fuel guage now...

Reply to
Tom Woods

I jammed one a while back. Driving through the middle of Sweden (a flippin' desolate place, I can tell you, only punctauted by the odd reindeer) I hadn't bothered filling up at the previous petrol station as I thought I still had a reasonable amount left. After miles and miles and miles of *absolutley nothing*, except flat-ish countryside and fir trees, the gauge showed *very* low (Wife starting to panic) .....then it happened. Engine died, "oh shit",I put my foot on the clutch to roll as far as poss before having to walk god knows how many miles. However, as I rolled round the corner, a petrol station honed into view, and I just managed to roll to the pump, "which was nice".

Of course, I ve done it other times and been completely stranded, but I don't talk about those much.....

Guy

Reply to
Guy Lux