What's this sound?

I recently had my windshield replaced in my '94 Ranger. The next day, I started hearing a sound that resembles the crinkling of cellophane or tissue paper, when I reached approx. 35 mph. I've heard a similar sound before, in another vehicle, when I had a speedometer cable go bad. How can I tell if this is wind sound, from a slight leak around the new windshield, or the speedometer cable? Any ideas? -- pj

Reply to
pj

This happened to me in a Toyota minivan the day after a windshield replacement. Turned out to be some tape the glass installer put around the windshield to hold it in place while the perimeter mastic set up. After the tape was removed, the noise stopped.

Regards, John Kinney

Reply to
John Kinney

You can rule out the speedo cable idea...it doesn't have one. .

Reply to
bomar