Magnum commercial

If you've seen it you know it is pretty good. I won't spoil it for you otherwise.

Reply to
Art

I've seen it... it's really nice. Especially...

[start spoiler space] D O D G E - G R A B L I F E B Y T H E H O R N S [end spoiler space]

... when the Magnum's driver stops, gets out, looks around the screen -- then pulls the letterbox bars off the screen and stows them inside the Magnum.

Videophiles would certainly appreciate the joke. :)

Reply to
Glenn Shaw

I believe the letterbox bars contained some type of disclaimer or something. I found it funny.

Reply to
Bill 2

Yeah, it needs to be made fun of. Nowadays, the stupid commercial could show somebody parallel parking and it would still have a disclaimer that says "professional parker on closed parking space. Do not attempt"

Reply to
Joe

I agree... I was watching an ad for some car (can't remember which one) that was just driving calmly around downtown and it had a "professional driver / closed course" disclaimer. I mean really, are you just supposed to have your new car towed to your driveway and leave it there?

Reply to
Scott Ehardt

Not only that, it is a nice car in person as well. I like the newer technologies added like snaking the v-8 a v-4 at cruising speeds to improve gas mileage. My only dislike is the same I have with the PT Cruiser, not too many stand out colors for a machine like this. Black, red, white silver, dark blue. Where is the Plum Crazy, the Limelight, the screaming yellow?

Mark

Art wrote:

Reply to
Mark Stuart

Well, having driven a white Magnum SXT rental over the weekend and spending a couple of hours at a photoshoot with a silver Magnum R/T (and my '69 R/T.... watch the newsstands come September if it makes it through the editorial process ;) I'm not sure that the lines of the car would really "work" with a high-impact color. Maybe. But when you look at the car sitting right beside a vintage muscle car, its plain to see that it simply has FAR less painted area (no huge hood and trunk, and the top isn't visible from most angles). I think a big area of paint and the presence of chrome and creative striping is what made the high-impact colors work at all. A plain "Plum Crazy" or "Limelight" car doesn't look right- its gotta have the stripes and chrome accents.

Now a "bumblebee" stripe around the rear end of a Magnum... THAT might work :-)

Mark Stuart wrote:

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
Dave

"Muscle Car Enthusiast."

Reply to
Steve

Are you guys talking about an ad with 'toilet humour'? If so, I read about that in a UK paper. Apparently quite controversial in your neck of the woods. It is the one I think it is, here in the UK people would only have a laugh.

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

Where the heck did that come from? NO, we're not talking about toilet humor.

Reply to
Joe