New Dodge Charger

I drove the 8 and 6 today. For those of you who think the Chrysler 300/300C is incredibly ugly, this may be your salvation. Rear visibility might also be a bit better though rear access for the rear seat might be slightly worse.

The only thing I miss from the Chrysler is driver's seat glide back when you turn off the car. My 300M has it and so does the 300/300C. Any way to turn it on the Magnum/CHarger twins?

The Dodge Charger comes with the Mercedes 5 speed even if you buy the 6. Some people may be happy with that, some people won't. Next year's Chrysler's will be the same. One issue I had with it was that I touched the manual shifter by mistake during the test drive and made it switch a gear but I had no idea how to turn it back to auto shifting. My salesman was clueless.

My dealer said all cars were 1% below invoice except for the Charger although I had the feeling that if you were ready to buy he might be desperate enuf to sell it that low too. After all in a few weeks the pipeline will be full.

Reply to
Art

Don't count on there being any discounts of the Hemi version. I just got the 300C AWD, I tried every dealer in Mass, no one would budge off of the sticker price. The lead time for a 300C AWD is 3 months, I ended up buying the one they had on the lot.

Reply to
General Schvantzkoph