PT CRUISER CONVERTIBLE

Saw the PT CRUISER Conv at the auto show. Liked it, any thoughts ?

Reply to
LORENZOD

I'm in the minority here, I think, but I've never understood the popularity of the PT Cruiser, and I understand the idea behind making it a convertible even less. At least the GT version has a decently powerful engine. I don't know if the convertible will get the turbo motor or not, but I certainly hope so. The base powertrain is overburdened as it is, adding the structural reinforcement that usually goes with the convertible conversion will probably make it just godawful slow. They should've made room for a V6.

--Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

Wow, Geoff and I are in complete agreement (this time). 8-)

Cheers,

Chris Mauritz

convertible

Reply to
Jack Pucci

I think a better question is what is the definition of 'normal use'. Frankly, the thing can't get out of its own way, which is important in the day-to-day stoplight races that pass for normal urban commuting. One does not have to want to 'race corvettes' (SIC) in order to have a need for a vehicle with the 'pwer' (SIC) to produce decent acceleration, which is something the base PT is distinctly lacking. The GT is a different story, but I'd still stay away from them in any purchase decision I might make given the same powertrain is available in a lighter, less expensive vehicle. Not to mention the (ugh) 'retro' styling, which it seems only guarantees that the vehicle looks out of date the minute it's introduced. But I digress. And honestly, I think the Crossfire is ugly too, same as the SSR, the New Beetle, etc., etc., etc...

But what the hell, some people like the cuteness of it all.

I suspect that your definition of the term 'normal use' implies the sort of driving that causes me to pass guys like you, every chance I get. So be it. Frankly it suits me better to keep the horsepower out of the hands of folks who define 'normal use' thusly; it keeps you in my rearview once I've taken the trouble to put you there. 'K pooch?

--Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

my 02 regular pt 5 speed hasnt been beaten yet

Reply to
god

Say more :-)

Reply to
Rick Merrill

*chuckle*

If you say so, sport.....

Chris Mauritz

Hi C, You WILL want to see THIS:

I've seen another clip where a PC Cruiser with the button beats a mustang. - RM

Reply to
Rick Merrill

And, if you can get it, THIS ONE !!

http://67.8.171.21:4663/PalmBayPT/video/mustangavi03.mpeg Cruiser takes the mustang at the finish line!

Reply to
Rick Merrill

Hardly a "regular" PT Cruiser. I suspect if I created a car just for the strip then most street cars wouldn't beat it either.

*shrug*

Cheers,

Chris Mauritz

Weeeelll ... I like it, I love it, I wanna more of it!

Seriously the convertible is the only different style besides the design we know, that really looks good on the PT. I have seen some designs (like the one that looks like an Audi TT had sex with a PT ... and that sux!). I think it will become a hit with drivers ...

Reply to
Hans Mücke

I guess it is a "decission of the heart" ... :-)

In 2001 I got a Neon and when I walked into the dealership in Stuttgart I saw my first PT and I knew in that second - that`s the next car I will buy. On Aug 10 of this year a stupid femal wrecked my parked Neon,. because she was searching the glove compartment, so I got the PT earlier than planned. I guess You either like it or not ... but it`s impossible to explain it.

143 hordes is enough for me. I don`t need to drive at speeds of 140mph or more ... after all ... its name is PT Cruiser (with emphasis on Cruiser) ... :-)
Reply to
Hans Mücke

until you see the top up, ugly.... have you seen the pt coupe, even uglier...

Reply to
Punch

A Chrysler dealer in Tampa had a 2002 4 door modified into a convertible. I actually liked it better. Plus, with the top up, it looked a lot more like the hardtop 4 door. The convertible Chrysler is making looks like a VW Cabrio when the top is up, in my opinion. I love convertibles, but I don't know if I'd get the PT convertible.

Mark

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Reply to
Mark Stuart