service engine soon light

Sounds like you're the one guessing now!

First Chrysler product I've own and likely the last in 35+ years of owning cars, mostly GM. Actually it was a choice between a GM and this Dodge. Unfortunately, the Dodge won...

Reply to
Gordon

Funny, I've NEVER owned a General Maintenance product in 30+ years of owning cars, and never will own a GM product. For me, there has only been one choice, a Mopar. And, they've always been good to me. Just like, I guess, GM cars have been good to you. If you're happy with them, then stick with them.

Larry Behold Beware Believe

Reply to
Larry Crites

The make of car wasn't even an issue till the other poster decided to make it an issue, due in part to me trying to be 'informed' prior to taking my car to a shop and asked too many questions. Now, knowing just how some folks behave when they're favorite make of car is being questioned, in this case relative to maintenance issues, leaves me thinking they might not be very well adjusted or feels everyone should just take it to the shop and hope they don't screw you.

For the record, I've owned a number US manufactured makes manufactured since

1967 and a number of foreign makes. My stable currently has three different makes, all domestic makes at this time, (total of 4 vehicles), (although the Dodge Stratus has Mitsubishi stickers all over it). None of which would make me 'sing the party line' hence I purchased the Dodge.

This car has had three visits to a dealer's shop under warranty for SES issues, all different issues, one visit when the air conditioning compressor went bad @

30,000 miles, and three visits for noisy air leaks through the weather seal in the passenger side speaker mounted in the window when the car was less than 2 months old, they had a hard time finding where the leak was coming from, (total of 7 visits for 5 different issues under warranty) and three visits for different issues since the 70,000 mile wrap-a-round warranty expired (now at 85,000 miles) for a total of 10 visits to a Dodge dealer with another trip now needed to someone's shop for what might be the O2 sensor. No other vehicles I've owned has had that many trips to a shop for maintenance issues, not even two vehicles combined.
Reply to
Gordon

No shit. Are you anything less than 100% certain that we've ever met?

You come across like a 16 year old when he first discovers that the fuel tank goes empty and the money you were going to spend on Pokemon cards has to be spent elsewhere...

Slash lengthwise you poor traumatized person.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Reply to
philthy

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 23:56:19 GMT, aarcuda69062 thought they must type:

So, you're saying you'd buy my car knowing it's history?

Reply to
dr spence

Certainly. You bought it -without- knowing its history so; which one of us is capable of making a more rational decision?

But if you were trying to sell your car here, you should have simply stated as such.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

clear

Cylinder #1 is on the rear head passenger side on this vehicle (not the front). The 02 sensor in question would be the downstream sensor.

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 08:53:16 -0400, "maxpower" thought they must type:

Thanks, Glenn. I was planning on taking the car to a shop for this problem, just not sure which one yet. Wanted to know what the problem might be prior to taking it in and i think i might have an idea.

Reply to
Gordon

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 23:53:22 GMT, aarcuda69062 thought they must type:

You have some obsession with 16 yo boys or something?

Reply to
Gordon

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 04:29:51 GMT, aarcuda69062 thought they must type:

You using the word "rational" just pegged my irony meter.

The car had -no- history, it was new when purchased.

But thanks for playing just the same, Bubba.

Reply to
Gordon

could

Reply to
maxpower

No, but apparently you wish I did.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

The "car" has been available since 1995. The engine has been available since 1987. Simple concept... Check their reliability, especially the engine since it's probably the worst example of automotive engineering from Japan yet.

That pegged my irony meter.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Reply to