Citroen ZX Wiring Fault

Hi All,
I wonder if any of you guys can help me? I have a 1996 ZX which seems to have developed a strange electrical fault. The oil, handbrake, engine diaognostic light and clock illuminmation
light all stay on when the key is removed. Also, the engine will not turn off by removing the key - the only way to stop it is to stall it. This seems most strange (and I guess, expensive!). It has just recently started to do this and left even Mr. RAC Guy scratching his head. The main relay is apparantly OK, as are the fuses and ignition switch. I'm guessing it is a short, as the car still rus even without the -ve battery terminal connected - it began during heavy rain. Has anyone experienced this themselves, or has any light to shed on this situation? Any comments most welcomed! Paul.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Paul UK ( snipped-for-privacy@valid.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

What engine? Petrol, Diesel, Turbo Diesel? If diesel, does it have a keypad immobiliser? If diesel, do you know which flavour of pump?
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Adrian wrote:

Hi Adrian,
It is the 1.4i Petrol SX version, and as such has the keypad immobiliser. Since the problem developed, the immobiliser no longer asks for a code, even after disconnecting the battery - it just shows a green light and the engine will start with the key. I thought the problem may have sorted itself after it had dried out - wishful thinking I guess!! Ah well...
Cheers! Paul
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Hmm...
When I stopped the engine this morning, I heard a clicking noise coming from the driver's side rear door. Thinking it may be somehow related to the central locking, I removed the fuse. The electrics were now behaving fine, however the car refused to start properly - it died when I took the revs off, and ran weakly. This implies I guess a earthing problem in the central locking? Is there an earth point in this door?
Tom
Add pictures here
‚úĖ