Re: Insurance

How old are the vehicles?
If they are (and I believe that this varies from state to state) 25 years or older, they may be eligible for "classic" insurance.
This insurance is generally recommended by insurance agents.
-Brendan

Classic insurance shouldn't change by state too much, but classic registration might. Both are a good idea if you don't plan to drive the cars much. Way cheaper than std insurance and no inspection necessary (with antique registration).

I should have been more specific ....... sorry about that; The Mercedes is a 300SL Gullwing 1956 vintage and the Ferrari is a 1972 model 365GTB/4. By Australian standards insurance for 'each vehicle per six (6) months period at US$2000.00 does seem somewhat excessive. joey

all insurance in the US is excessive thanks to our fellow countrymen's desire to let lawyers and insurance companies run the nation.
:)
-W -tdt
--
and there was thunder, thunder over thunder road
thunder was his engine and white lighting was his load

These are not your typical classic cars. The MB is very rare and valuable, and I suspect the Ferrari is perhaps even more valuable. Both are high performance cars, and as such are difficult to insure except as classics. A classic insurance policy will limit mileage (usually an annual value of about 500 miles or so) and other conditions will be applied to keep the vehicle off the roads as much as possible.
"" wrote: > On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 01:46:52 GMT, "joey"
> > >I should have been more specific ....... sorry about that; > >The Mercedes is a 300SL Gullwing 1956 vintage and the > >Ferrari is a 1972 model 365GTB/4. > >By Australian standards insurance for 'each vehicle per six > (6) months > >period at US$2000.00 does seem somewhat excessive. > >joey > > > > These are not your typical classic cars. The MB is very rare > and > valuable, and I suspect the Ferrari is perhaps even more > valuable. > Both are high performance cars, and as such are difficult to > insure > except as classics. A classic insurance policy will limit > mileage > (usually an annual value of about 500 miles or so) and other > conditions will be applied to keep the vehicle off the roads > as much > as possible.
sadly that isnt to far off the mark from what I have been able to find. but insurance varys so much. I was quoted $350 a month for a hyundia accent worth $9000, and $180 for a caddy CTS worth $35000. so to drive the accent it would run about $500 a month, and the caddy $600. depending on the crime rate, income level, etc, etc of the area you live it can vary greatly. 3 houses to the left of me starts a new city border.. if I lived there I would pay another $20 a month... just for living 1/2 a block over. but call some different places and get quotes... its a pain, but if "15mins can save you 15% or more " to quote a popular ad here, its probably worth the time.