FF: Triumph 1300FWD in Teesside

Me old Triumph 1300FWD TC needs shifting by the end of the week and I've given up on it. I just don't have the time spare to look after it and so rather than scrap it I want to pass it on to someone who might be able to look after it a bit better.

It failed it's MOT about 2 years ago on some daft indicator problem (was only working intermittently and the guy who charged me £200 to fix it apparently didn't do a very good job). I drove it around the block a couple of times about once a week/fortnight for a few months and then had the keys nicked. Since then it's been sat idle and, despite a couple of attempts in the last few weeks (I finally got around to having the keys re-cut), I can't get it started.

Just fitted a new battery and the plugs are sparking, the motor's turning over and I can smell fuel around the carbs but it won't fire up. Even if it did I'd still need to be passing it on but as it is I reckon a relatively experienced petrol head could probably get her up and running. The brakes aren't seized and seem to work (although they've not been tested at speed), both clutch and brake cylinders have held their dot 4 and the engine still has plenty of oil. The car could easily be towed (and has been recently) without a trailer.

I'm not proud I neglected the car like this, I always planned on doing her up "eventually" but that seems to be getting further and further away

I also have a second near-identical car (IIRC it's a single carb version) in storage with 2 engines and a load of other assorted parts but the front sub-frame is rotten and the engine is sat on the front axel (sp?) so it would probably need a front-end lift to tow.

Ideally someone will take both away and look after them but if anyone wants either one then please LMK

The first car is going to the scrappy on Friday if no-one takes it beforehand and the second one has no real time limit but I do want rid of it soon as the storage isn't free.

Replies by email pref. and the REPLY-TO is valid.

Cheers

HH

Reply to
Happy Hippy

There's like, about 9 of these left in existence, IIRC!

Try advertising on the TDC sales and wants maybe? Homepage is

Can't be much wrong. Worth checking the carbs still have oil, and aren't stuck, and give the plugs a good clean.

DO NOT SCRAP IT! I say that because they are very very rare now, and there must be someone who wants it, although they might not read this group. Try a couple of the Triumph clubs.

I'd have both if I lived closer and had the space, but the south coast is a bit too far from you really :(

I do however have a reasonable 1300fwd front sub going spare if anyone wants to collect the SC and happens to be passing by this way some time.

Reply to
Stuffed

I knew they were rare but didn't think they were popular. Probably selling myself short but I've just let it go for £6 on ebay (should cover the ebay charges, I'll be happy just to know it's going to a better owner).

Thanks for the quick response (and for not flaming me for my disgraceful behaviour, somehting I was completely expecting).

HH

Reply to
Happy Hippy

I tried giving one away on Ebay, and didn't get any interest at all :(

However, they are quite under rated, and there are some people that like them, it's a matter of finding the right person at the right time in the right area. I do think trying the TDC might be your best bet, there's more people interested in the fwd saloons and derivatives, even though it is mainly Sprint and 1840 based. Depends how much of a hurry you're in I suppose.

If it weren't for the fact I just about manage to juggle space, I'd be in the same situation with one of my Triumphs which has been in bits for 3 years so far, and I did break one myself the beginning of the year when it got too much for me, and couldn't find anyone local to take it on and restore it. It's become a good source of spares for my current one though, so it wasn't a complete waste. It just seems a real shame to me that another TC could be about to die, when there's only single figures left. Shame about the SC too, especially when I've probably got the parts it needs going spare, but what's the chances of someone picking up a car from one end of the country, and collecting heavy spares from the other?

Good luck finding them a home :)

Reply to
Stuffed