Triumph Herald

Would any one have an O/S rear over rider for a 13/60 triumph Herald. I have the N/S so I am looking for an original one to match. It doesn't have to be immaculate as I was going to get them re-chromed

Thanks Dave

Reply to
Dave

eBay UK is always a good bet for things like this.

There may not be anything there now, but keep checking and you're bound to find something useful.

David

Reply to
David Balfour

Hi Dave, To be honest you may be in for a long wait. Herald rear overriders rarely survive in good condition, those that do are usually on very tidy cars which aren't going to get broken for spares. The rot usually starts behind the lower captive nut and even if it doesn't penetrate, the overrider often has to be cut away from the car when the captive nut is seized. The trick to avoid this upon reassembly is to use a length of studding in place of the bolt, then slip a nut on the end inside the boot. There are 3 different manufactiurers of reproduction rear overriders, one of these produces them using the original tooling so at least they will fit. Quality of chrome is likely to be an issue with any new overrider, Cheers, Bill.

-- Rarebits4classics .......just what you've been looking for

PO Box 1232 Calne Wiltshire SN11 8WA United Kingdom

William Davies

My Vitesse came with two identical rear over-riders rather than a properly handed pair, so I had to buy a pattern replacement for one side. I've a nasty feeling that my surplus one is a N/S, but can't be sure until I've checked...

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke