Re: Cherished number prejudice

If you guys dont like personal plates, thats fine,

I don't dislike them. I just think they are unimaginative and vulgar.

Reply to
Ben Blaney

I didn't think there was anything particularly unpleasant about what was said in any of the replies, though it did drift away from your original question quite soon. That's usenet for you, though.

I have been almost in a similar position, but I am afraid I don't have a lot of sympathy for you. Some years back I was in charge of disposing of a company car, which had a private plate that needed to come onto retention to go on another vehicle. The information on how to do this is very clear - under no circumstances do you let the car go unless and until you have the nice shiny retention certificate in your hands. Until that point, the DVLA can ask to inspect the car, and if you don't have it, you can lose the plate. Once the keeper has changed, you run into all kinds of problems as you have seen.

In my case, I made it very clear that the car wasn't going anywhere until the retention cert was with me. One person placed a deposit having agreed this, then phoned up daily expressing his dissatisfaction. Every day he told me "my mate says it's OK, I can just send you the plate back later", and every day I told him "I don't care, it's not going until the paperwork is done". In the end I returned his deposit as he wanted it finished quicker than we could manage. The car then sold to someone else without a hitch. In hindsight, it would have been better to not advertise the car until the retention was completed.

Depends on the cars, I would think. Certainly a pre-suffix registration car is less desirable than the same car of the same age that has received an 'A-reg' plate. I think it is 'nicer' to retain the original plate if at all possible.

Depends on the cars, I would think.

Hard to disagree.

Well, because we all have nothing better to do with our time. :-)

Mike.

Reply to
Mike

I think youre a f****it. How much that my guess is nearer than yours?

Reply to
michelle

LAUGH. I think youve read things in the wrong order. Still, par for the course it seems. Its little wonder to me that classic cars is such a minority interest, if blinkered muppets like you are representative of the breed. Sorry boys, Im sure you prefer your women much more humble, but Im afraid where someone insults me (without even knowing me) I usually feel to be okay to return the favour ;o)

Reply to
michelle

You go, gal. This is easily the best entertainment there's been on this group for quite a while.

Reply to
Dan Drake

You're a woman, aren't you love?

Don't they teach you anything these days before chaining you up to the kitchen sink, for gods sake?

Reply to
jack hackett

LAUGH. Thanks for the fresh injection of humour, I was beginning to think it was fading!

Reply to
michelle

Like injections, do we?

Reply to
jack hackett

michelle ( snipped-for-privacy@zzzxxxzzz.null) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Gawd, I actually think you're serious...

Adrian

Point out exactly where I was "wrong" about anything. Ive got big enough balls (colloquially, thanks) to admit it.

Well if this is the only entertainment you

I'll make sure to tell them they could do better ;o)

Your interest is touching, but misplaced. Im sure he could care less

Sure, wanna get a party 7 in?

How can we resist? After all, none of us have had this many mens attention for many a year ;o)

I tell you what, I'll make the first move then. IF, and its a bloody big if from what Ive seen since, that original chap with the "vulgar and unimaginitive" comment was merely engaging in laddish humour, then I unreservedly apologise for telling him he was antisocial and judgemental. Hows that?

Reply to
michelle

Yeah, it was laddish humour. I'd say exactly the same thing if that conversation had happened around a pub table (even if I'd only just met you). You can ask SteveH for confirmation on this; he's met me on a number of occasions.

As it happens, I do think that personalised numberplates are unimaginative and vulgar, but the point remains that I only said it because I thought it an amusing response.

Reply to
Ben Blaney

Actually I can't stand meek women. I like tough chicks.

I'm quite fond of you (despite the numberplate thing).

Indeed. Been fun.

Reply to
Ben Blaney

Er, not quite. You started it when you over reacted to his query about the link between C5 and Michelle. You have instigated the bad language and vicious jibing but you'll probably insist that we are all in the wrong. I have the greatest of respect for your husband. Poor bugger.

Reply to
Pete W

Ah, now we get to the bottom of it. You are showing off in front of your mates. You can't admit that you are in anyway in the wrong because you'll look silly in front of the girls. Well if this is the only entertainment you can put on for them, it's a wonder you've got any mates. I thought your bravado was doing the talking but I thought hubby was the audience. I wonder what the old man will say when he gets home and reads all this? I wonder if he'll be proud of you for fighting your corner?

Now you'll claim it's been a great evening's entertainment and tomorrow the office talk will be, "Didn't we have a great time winding those blokes up on the internet?". Well cancel the Ann Summers party and do this again instead and we'll see how many turn up.

The way you react to every post is really sad you know.

BTW I didn't read the posts in the wrong order; I was referring to your reaction. Once you react with venom, you open the floodgates of abuse.

Reply to
Pete W

In that case I completely missed your point and made a rash judgement for which I am sorry.

Reply to
michelle