2007 Vette Time

Hello,
I drove from Nebraska to Indiana this last weekend. I expected the time on the radio to change when I went from Illinois to Indiana (CT to ET). The
time did not change.
I believe the clock gets its time from the GPS, so why doesn't it change time?
Thanks ahead of time,
Ron
Just a thought, but does the Owners manual say thats how it works?
Wes wrote:

:>Hello, :> :>I drove from Nebraska to Indiana this last weekend. I expected the time on :>the radio to change when I went from Illinois to Indiana (CT to ET). The :>time did not change. :> :>I believe the clock gets its time from the GPS, so why doesn't it change :>time?
How does the car/GPS know you're in CT, ET, etc...? Mankind's artificial time zones are not linked with global positioning coordinates. Think of Arizona which does not observe DST. Travel from Arizona to Utah which are both MST. Arizona is currently 1 hr later than Utah. :)
http://www.timetemperature.com/tzus/time_zone.shtml
:>Thanks ahead of time, :> :>Ron
Wes wrote:

Just a surmise but you might try turning off the ignition and restarting the car; or, possibly pulling/reinserting the radio or nav fuses. Few of these time devices work the same.
Examples: Our wireline phones with caller I.D. wait for an incoming call. The cable box checks when it's turned on. The VCR updates when it's switched to "off." My cell phone checks when it shifts cell sites and is prompt in resetting when I enter or leave Yuma Arizona--I usually loose the time indicator when I roam into a backwoods cell system. The NIST time sync on my computer is set to check every 10 minutes. XM radio seems to always "know" the local time and I've no clue as to how that works--no GPS in my receiver--possibly a local terrestial signal?
Frustrating thing in my life is getting into my wife's car. She always resets the clock 5 minutes fast . -- problem is that it's 5 minutes fast, "give or take" a couple of minutes. Forty-three years of marriage and I still don't have the right time! {8-|
-- Now, if OnStar would update the dash panel clock, I'd have it made.
--
PJ