700 R transmission

I have a 77vette and I am thinking of putting the 700R transmission in, many people have stated that it will make a world of dfference. Any advice will
be helpful. Thanks Howard
Howard Lovelace wrote:

Spend some time perusing this website:
http://www.bowtieoverdrives.com/index.shtml
For instance, this page: http://tinyurl.com/5alb8
It will be awsome for mileage and performance. If you do not modify your shifter you will not be able to put it into first gear. Also, you have to hook up the lock up torque converter with a sensor that you can buy from Art Carr or others that make the installation really easy. Your crossmember will have to be adapted to hold the transmission.