Accessing Fault Codes

A friend took his 02 Z06 in for a Active Handling Light. He said the service manager pulled the code up on the D.I.C. I'm going to go through the owners
manual again but I didn't notice anything about this the first time I read it. Is there a hidden menu on the D.I.C. that allows you to interrogate the computer and retrieve the codes and whether it was a current (C) or historical (H) code?
By the way the steering sensor was the culprit. However they could not duplicate when he first took it there because the code had an H by it. On the way home the light came on again and the car handled funny. He took it straight back but left the car running. The service manager did his D.I.C. trick and saw the same code with a C after it.
--
Jim

http://www.c5forum.com/ayc/dtcdic.php

Thanks