battery cut-off switch?

Any reason NOT to use one? And which is the better of the two - the knife switch or the one with the screw-down knob? A friend tells me that regardless of which one I get, I'll have to wait 5 or 10 minutes after
turning it from off to on for the computer to re-set things. That doesn't make much sense to me.
-- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 308 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!
On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 17:55:38 -0500, "Jack Carter"

Vettes... Those cheap screw down or knife blade ones are NOT approved for drag racing..
However on my 95 I do not run a battery cut off switch mainly because I would hate to Teach that damncomputer how I drive every darn time I take it out of the garage....
Bob Griffiths
Thanx for your input. I used to do a LOT of drag racing several years ago, until I got my share of trophies. Now, there are times when my Vette (2002 Z06) sits in the garage long enough for the battery to drain. As long as the closed switch will pass enough current to satisfy the car's electrical needs, it'll be OK. Most of the time, I'm driving my "4-door Vette" - a Dodge Magnum RT that would probably surprise the hell out of a lot of enthusiasts.
wrote:

-- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 204 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!
I drove one of the Magnums with a 340 hp hemi. Impressive off the line but at highway speeds it felt slow. Also the handling in corners it no where near a vette.

You shouldn't EXPECT it to handle or run like a Vette! I just said it would "probably surprise the hell out of a lot of enthusiasts".

-- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 319 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!