C6: Strange Tapping Noise, Revisited

There seems to be so little posting on this newsgroup, so I thought that I'd bring up an item that I first wrote on here about one month ago. about some light tapping noise heard from the rear passenger
side. I now realize that it has happened only when I have had a passenger in the car, or when one just got out. This past weekend, I shut off the engine, and waited in the car while my wife went in to do some shopping. About three minutes after shutting down the engine and my wife exited the car, I heard the noise again - like a mouse taking a few steps somewhere in the rear-right quarter panel. As I said previousoly, I'm not concerned about it, and now think that it has something to do with the auto-locking system or the seat belt tensioners resetting. My sense of hearing is very acute, and I think that most people would probably not hear it. Please let me know if anyone has any other thoughts on this. Thanks.
--
Frank M.

Could it be the cables that control the flaps at the exhaust tips? Or is that only on the Z06?
--
All the best,

Stephen
After I park my C6 in the garage and shut it off, for about 4 or 5 minutes I can hear the exhaust system creaking and clicking like someone is tapping on it. This is from the pipes and mufflers cooling. I have the stock system and I've noticed this on other cars so I'm not concerned at all. Maybe this is what you're hearing?
Dave
Frank M. wrote:

No, it's not the exhaust system cooling down ( this just happens once: tap - tap - tap), nor does the C6 have any flaps on the exhausts. As I mentioned, it has only happened after someone has entered or exited from the passenger side door.

--
Frank M.

On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 15:02:27 GMT, Frank M.

good hearing. I think my logic tells me like you, that if it ONLY happens with a passenger, then it has to be passenger related and a seat belt sounds to me like a good first guess.