how to remove 95 corvette roof

I bought an 85 corvette couple with the removable glass roof. I don't know how to remove the roof. I did not get an owners manual. I have torx wrenches, but I can't believe I need to actually remove two screws on each
side. Is there a trick? Help please. Thanks, Larry
Add pictures here
✖
larrydl2000 wrote:

No trick there are actually 4 screws two under the visors and two in the back.
The big trick is to have the car level and flat, especially when you are putting the roof back on. I could never figure why they did not have some sort of a cam/lever arrangement
Add pictures here
✖

The roof actually holds the car together, with it off it shakes like a dog passing razor blades. It's in fact a structural member of the car, therefore it is bolted in place. The repair procedure is to replace it with a C5, end of the shaking. BTDT
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
Dad wrote:

Totally broke me up -- LOL!!
--
…PJ
’89 HookerCar, ’02 E-blu 6-spd Coupe
Dad wrote:

I had the perfect railway track to cross. My old '88 twisted and groaned from the lack of structure with the roof off. It would have been so much easier if some smart engineer would have come up with a better way.
How is the roof held on in the newer cars. I have a '00 convert and have never looked at the roof on the coupe
Add pictures here
✖
The C5/C6's have the hydroformed frame which is MUCH stiffer than the C4's thereby eliminating the need for the solid mounting of the roof by bolting it on. Come on Dad, tell us once again how you really feel about the C4 (just kidding, we already know). Rob

Add pictures here
✖

Well as a matter of fact you may not know how I feel about the C4. In it's day it was the best, still is a good machine, it just had a weak structure. The C3s were the best there was before that and they were the worst quality GM every put out. It is the only car I ever ordered and turned it down when it came in. Then there was the pitiful 1963 POS, which set a hallmark for trash but it is now a legend after they have all been rebuilt to a quality they should have been in the first place. C1, what can you say besides they were to die for, fun, fast, and unique. I can still remember coming home with my '61, top down, with my arm on top of the door, and my left hand on the windshield post and I could feel the glass shift in the rubber as I turned into the driveway. Never gave it a thought then, it rattled, squeaked, and leaked but it was my Corvette.
I was driving and owned a third of a 1929 Dodge before the first Corvette was built. My brothers and I ran that old Dodge all over southern Michigan and had loads of fun. Learned how to paint on that car because of some water melons spots we picked up one night. As they left for service I was left to the farm work which allowed me to accumulate 18 head of cattle. Just before I graduated I sold them and went looking for a '57 Belair hardtop. They were the hot item then with the fuel injection and as I found out they were also way over priced. The dealer I was dealing with made the statement that he could sell me the '57 Corvette sitting beside the Belair for the same money. It was not moving because it had a 3 speed stick. As the tired old saying goes, "The rest is History". I've been hooked every since.
They are unique in the automotive field and always will be able to make an owner proud he/she bought it and he/she can enjoy it for years. If I can still drive when the C7 comes out I'll have one, got to try them all....... ;-P
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Wow, and I thought I was just being a smart ass. Thanks for the personal history lesson, I guess I won't snicker to myself when I see you badmouthing the C4's anymore. I've got a derelict 78 and a 96 coupe and like you say, they both make me proud. Drive safe and have a great day. Rob
Add pictures here
✖
Dad, any ecperience with the X brace on the C4? Under body type not over head type.I keep the glass roof on my 94. after I felt the flex pulling in the driveway
--
RS
2002 1200C

Some felt rigidity but my feeling are it's mostly just that, felt, a perceived slight improvement. After about the third time I took it off it was driven the next 90K miles with it on. It ate 4 sets of tires with its squirming down the road like it had the "Big Chill". Maybe the $75 I paid for the brace saved me the cost of the 5th set of tires.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

know