Importing to Canada

I did a bad thing. I fell in love with a car on Ebay and am bidding on it. The car is in Massetuesett.....Masss....Masset......well South of Maine
and I wish to bring this car to Canada. Is there anyone here from Canada that has had experience in importing a car from the USA? The car is very driveable....but rather than driving it... I will be driving my truck and pulling a car hauler. Going to load the car and haul it home...What kind of flak am I going to get at the border?...Thanks....Jim
Check with Can Customs before you go down there. They have a whole department that looks after the import of vehicles. There are certain models that are not allowed into the country under any circustances. They will check the list and confirm that you can bring it up. They will also give you all the info you need to know when bringing it back. You will be req'd to pay GST and PST (unless you're in Oilberta) at the border. Steve G.

Hey Jim, if the car is over 15 yrs old it makes it a lot easier. Check out the www.riv.ca website.. they will instruct you on what is required. I just went down 2 weeks ago and found the whole ordeal fairly simple. Just make sure to give the US Customs folks 3 business days notice.
gm

Jim, wolfgang's site ( www.riv.ca ) is a must. You'll also need this site: http://www.adminserv.ca/interior.cfm?id6&action=published
Thanks so much to all that replied. I wasn't the successful bidder:( but am a lot wizer in the event that I plan on bidding again).
All the best to this group.......JIm