LF: 71 distributor

Hey folks,

I was wondering if anyone had a complete distributor that is rebuildable for a 71/350/Auto/coupe. Specifically one with the cam that the RPM cable connects to.

I was trying to figure out why my RPM guage didn't work. In the process, I found out that the cable from the guage wasn't screwed in to the distributor for some reason. Well the reason is, the distributor apparently was replaced and they didn't replace it with one that the cable would connect to. So, I guess they didn't want to do it right and left it.

I want to get the guage working and found a shop who has distributors and they recommended that instead of buying a new one, they could rebuild one for me for a reasonable price, which would be as good, and it would be with new cam gears, and shims, etc.

Would appreciate it if you would let me know.

jjjslj @ xx dfwair dot net (remove the xx and spaces)

71/350/auto/coupe and is my very first one
Reply to
jjjoseph

You should be able to find a decent tach drive distributor for under $250, or a rebuildable one for closer to $100.

Here's a rebuildable core on eBay:

You can buy rebuild parts (and perhaps a complete distributor) at
Try watching or placing a want ad at these web forums:

WayneC