Mice in car

Hi All, Found mouse droppings in my '75 model, so put a mouse trap on the drivers floormat. Caught a mouse. Reset the trap, and caught a second mouse.
Found a large mouse nest under the console by the temp. controls made of chewed up carpet insulation. I figured they were getting in around the squirrel cage fan by going down the channel in front of the windshield on the passenger side and making their way through the a.c. ductwork. I crawled under the car looking for other entry points and there seems to be access around the heater core tubes that protrude out thru the bottom. Any ideas on how to block off these points of entry ?

put a moth-ball or two in the area of there nest for a while. They will move on.
--

I Brew My Own Damn Beer!
Johnny Mc

drivers
on
be
move
On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 22:17:27 GMT, "W. Moore"

=======================I live in a rural area...and have "stored" cars over the winter for 25-30 years without a problem... HOWEVER 3 years aro I was paid a visit by Mickey, Minny,. and most likekly all their offspring... TThey did a number on the wiring under the dash of my 76...all the non mechanical guages sould not work... Took me a good year to sort out everyting...
BUT a mouse can "squeeze" : thru anyplace you can stick a pencil thru.. any hole 1/4 inch or so in diameter is BIG enough ...!
Personally I gave up looking for places they can get in... MOST CORVETTES were manufactured that they can walk right in thru the seams between the door and the fenders expecially if the weatherstriping is bad...
I now focus on making the garage as uncomfortable and cold as I can... Used to have towels etc folded on a shelf etc....mice love to craw inder the blankets to stay woarm etc...so now I "store" all rags, towels etc in rubbermaid containers with snap on lids... I focus on removing nice warm places for them is what I am doing..
ALSO use decon etc...placed around the cars and inside...
Made me wish I was not a member of the Mickey Mouse Club back when I was a preschooler.... DAMN MICE !
Bob Griffiths 68 SS 396 Chevelle 64 & 72 Corvette Convertibles 76 79 & 95 Corvette Coupes
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------010701050303090606070609 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Ummmmm ya got to count the skull there Bob-O. We ain't talking about octopus that only have to worry bout their beak.
hehehehe Your making a very very good point though, they are amazingly agile. You have to worry about more than just a "mouse sized" hole :-)
Bob G. wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

Any

"
Kickstart
I once had a cat that I wished was hairless, so I naired it. lol Of course if you get a cat, you'll need a dog to get rid of the cat.

Have you tried laying ALOT of traps?
A friend had this problem in their house which borders a field in the Central USA and LOTS of traps in combination with a good tomcat seemed to do the job.
Best of luck with your mice problem
"W. Moore" wrote: > Hi All, > Found mouse droppings in my '75 model, so put a mouse trap on > the drivers > floormat. Caught a mouse. Reset the trap, and caught a > second mouse. > Found a large mouse nest under the console by the temp. > controls made of > chewed up carpet insulation. I figured they were getting in > around the > squirrel cage fan by going down the channel in front of the > windshield on > the passenger side and making their way through the a.c. > ductwork. I > crawled under the car looking for other entry points and there > seems to be > access around the heater core tubes that protrude out thru the > bottom. Any > ideas on how to block off these points of entry ?
If you do not like the moth balls smell you can try using some silicone gasket maker but mix in some hair. You can seal off by the heater core area with this mixture. If this is too much for you, mice and rats will not chew on stell wool too!! Thats right mice and most wild animals hate the smell of human hair, or humans.
FWIW
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=mice+bounce+sheet&btnG=Google+Search