3 visits to dodge and caravan STILL PULLS TO THE RIGHT...HELP!

3 visits to dodge and they tell me that the pulling to the right is just the "way it feels" and that the alignment is perfect.... Assuming
that I know for a fact that it is pulling to the right, what can I do to get this thing fixed. I have little children and if my wife does not hold very tightly to the wheel, it rips to the right.
Any suggestionsappreciated,,,,, tnx..
Not to say this is it.. I told my wife there was something bad wrong w/ the new van. slack tire or some thing. I stopped and checked the tires, all fine. I head out down the road, still doing it. At times bad and not so bad. I had had enough I was going to try to make it home. On the way home it was pulling to the left now??!! It was the wind, it does not take much wind affect the steering. When dirving from wood to open field it will wake you up. good luck

Alignment is kind of a headache business it seems, people will drive around with it way out of whack and even the steering wheel not straight. Then when you align the vehicle they expect it to drive itself, without regard to wind (major influence esp. on high-profile vehicles), road crown and other conditions. This doesn't really speak to the original poster, but it's somewhat appropos. I think if the person aligning it doesn't bounce the suspension a couple of times beforehand it can affect the stance of the vehicle when imounting the sensors and etc. Typically on a problematic vehicle like that the original service provider would offer to pay for the alignment at another shop in the interest of customer satisfaction and hence keeping the customer. It's a good idea, however, to not tell the second-opinion shop that you'd had it at a competing shop--just say you'd like the alignment checked and also you want to see the printout before any adjustments are made. Also, I haven't heard anyone say anything about tire pressure, although that's pretty obvious.

When you have a complaint of an alignment problem the first thing to do is a visual inspection and road test. If the visual inspection is ok then it goes on the front end machine to have the angles checked. if they are out or even within specs you are done. Make any adjustments.
"Typically on a problematic vehicle like that the original service provider would offer to pay for the alignment at another shop in the interest of customer satisfaction and hence keeping the customer."
DISAGREE!! If the customer is not happy you simply put it on the machine and explain to the customer and show him the readings. If that customer thinks its a problem he can pay to have it rechecked. Roads with severe crowns will cause all kinds of drifting and pulling problems including the highways around here. Tire pressure is part of the alignment and visual inspection.
My opinion
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
Was the vehicle's pulling to the right the original reason for the visit to the shop to begin with? Also, what about the possibility of the alignment machine malfunctioning somehow, giving false readings, etc.?
I know the manager of a local shop who simply refunded the customers money when they were dissatisfied that their truck still pulled to one side after several tries to correct it. This made it right with the customer, who in turn used the money to have it aligned elsewhere. Or didn't.
Not something you'd want to do very often, it's true, but $65 is cheap compared to a disgruntled customer out there badmouthing you, since when someone percieves they didn't get a fair deal, EVERYBODY hears about it.
You could argue both sides of it.

machine is off you would notice a pattern of all the vehicle you set up on it will display the same readings
Glenn
On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 04:27:03 -0500, "maxpower"

There is no calibration jig on most of the modern Front end machines. As in the one we use.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:19:47 -0500, "maxpower"

So it is self calibrating??

maxpower wrote" of it. I believe it is always better to keep the cust in your own shop. If the machine is off you would notice a pattern of all the vehicle you set up on it will display the same readings
Good point about keeping the customer in your own shop. I wonder if the OP wasn't the only car on the alignment machine during the 3 attempts. IOW, maybe the machine is malfunctioning?
On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 18:10:45 -0500, "maxpower"

the tires? Quite common cause of a pull.
Otherwise, has a FOUR WHEEL alignment been done? Has the rack been calibrated? It's not hard to do a good alignment if the equipment is calibrated properly - almost impossible if it is not. It's also very easy to do a bad alignment if you don't know what you are doing. A car can pull with ALL settings within limits if one wheel is at one end of the spec, and the other at the other. A good alignment tech would have the problem solved on the second try if there was a pull after the first try. *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from http://www.SecureIX.com ***