Dodge misspells name of it's latest awful car.

It's calibre. Not caliber.
Typical.

slas wrote:

Depends on where a person lives.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caliber
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calibre
slas wrote:

Dodge did not misspell the name of the Caliber. Not sure where you are picking that up from. The car has really been selling well here in the States: http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060603/BUSINESS01/606030308

Just like it's labour, not labor?
American car, American spelling.
And while were on misspelled names, anyone remember the GMC Syclone? They couldn't use "Cyclone" (correct spelling) because Mercury owned the rights to that designation. (I used to have one - Syclone. that is. Damn, that thing was quick!!!!)

In America, there's no apostrophe in the possessive of "it," is there? Maybe that's different in the UK, too.
Getting a little nitpicky here, aren't we? The poster's use of "it's" is entirely correct, at least in the USA. It is merely a contraction of "it is" in his sentence. You are correct, however, that in its possessive use (no pun intended) there is no apostrophe.
db
Jim Beaver wrote:

dbu wrote:

"Dodge misspells name of it's latest awful car."

I's referring to "Dodge misspells name of it is latest awful car."
slas wrote:

Didn't you know the Yanks can't spell? Come on, we invent a perfectly good language and they go and change all words around. lol

We like to think that we are "perfecting" a prototype.
Eisboch
www.eisboch.com
Eisboch wrote:

Good one.
The British only speak "Early American" anyway.
Yup My charger has 3.5 l. under the bonnet and I put my golf clubs in the boot !!
lol
...and by all accounts, the calber is a pretty good and selling very well.

Ironside wrote:

We took your language and corrected all the mistakes in it. Say Thank You!