rear dome light wont work...because of dvd player ?!?

Hi

I took my 2005 grand caravan in for service because I was no longer able to turn on the rear dome light using the dimmer switch by the headlights.

Service said the reason it didn'y work was because the dvd player was an after market dvd player and it was impossible to run the dome light this way with the dvd player installed.

First of all, my dome light did work the way it should and then stopped, second of all, how is this after market? I had this installed as an option when I bought the car brand new? Does this sound legit or like the technician did not want to spend the time to diagnose the problem.

Mike Cardeiro

Reply to
mcardeiro

Did you tell them this?