removing sensors on the tail pipe

I have to replace the sensors on the tail-pipe, but I am concerned about doing that because of the heat situation. I know there is a lot of heat there and I am a little bit worried that these items maybe
welded to the pipe and removing them may cause a leak of some sort.basically what I am asking is: what do I need to consider when removing these sensors. Is there any special precaution I need to take. Heat expands and cold contracts. Is it better to remove when warm or cold? Any advice would be helpful
96 dodge grand caravan/ 3.3
pchotspot wrote:

Oxygen sensors?
Most of the time with the proper tool, factory installed oxygen sensors break loose with little difficulty, since the factory uses the proper anti-seize compound on them. Sometimes they can be a bit stiff to thread out because stuff has built up on the threads, but they generally come out. It's when some backyard bozo replaced them already and cheaped-out by not using the proper anti-seize, that you may run across difficulty.
Some replacement oxygen sensors come with a small package of anti-seize compound in the box. Some dishonest auto parts store clerks steal them. Check before you leave the store.

HEY! I resemble that remark!!!
Actually, why steal a little tiny packet, when they usually ship a dozen spares in the box, and a whole tube of the stuff costs a buck with the employee discount?
But, I suppose people will take anything...