1994 ect sensor

i have a94 ram pu with a 5.2litre my problem is engine light came on engine started running rough and hard start if sits for awhile i checked the codes
in my chiltons book came up with a 12& 22 says engine coolant temp. sensor voltage too high would that cause my problem would replaceing the sensor fix it