2001 Dakota Beeps Uncontrollably

I have a 2001 Dakota and the horn beeps randomly while driving. It doesn't beep when turned off and it seems to do it mostly at night. I also noticed that when my high beams are on, and the horn beeps randomly, the high beam indicator flashes. If you intentionally beep the horn with high beams on, the indicator does NOT flash. I'm thinking there's a short between the light circuit and the horn circuit. Any one have any ideas?

Stan

Reply to
standeforest

check the multi function switch in the column

Reply to
joe

Try checking your key fob. Leave it in the house and take it a spin for a few miles to see if it still beeps.

Yes, you CAN lock and unlock your doors with the key. :-)

Hank

Reply to
ninebal310

Reply to