2001 Dakota Beeps Uncontrollably

I have a 2001 Dakota and the horn beeps randomly while driving. It doesn't beep when turned off and it seems to do it mostly at night. I also noticed that when my high beams are on, and the horn beeps
randomly, the high beam indicator flashes. If you intentionally beep the horn with high beams on, the indicator does NOT flash. I'm thinking there's a short between the light circuit and the horn circuit. Any one have any ideas?
Stan
check the multi function switch in the column
--

http://www.hard-parts.org /
The best place for your hard to find part needs