95 2500 diesel stalls when....

It stalls when I have been doing 65mph or more for at least 20 minutes and I deccelerate to under 65. A couple local mechanics have never heard anything like it. Anyone with any help at all?

Reply to
Jekylll

How's your idle speed? See here for the procedure to adjust it:

Tom Lawrence

is there a vacuum on the air filter indicator?

Reply to
krenelka

Just curious but have you had the fuel tank checked for water? It can cause some strange happenings. A number of years back my '92 diesel started acting up. It would start fine and run fine at street or highway speeds but the second I took my foot off the throttle the engine died. It would always start up immediately but I had to keep the rpm up when coming to stop signs or lights. Took it to the local dealer and they found over a quart of water in the fuel tank. Since I hadn't done anything since feuling up the truck, I knew which gas station it was but never bothered taking them to small claims court over it. It ended up costing me about $500 to get the injector pump cleaned out, remove the tank, replace filters etc.etc but it has ran perfect since - and I've never been back to that gas station !!

cheers,

Reply to
Cletus