Maxima 95 stalls

My Maxima 95 has a bad Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor (ECT) according to a diagnostic machine. Does anybody know where is this sensor located? I need to find it to get it fixed. I ask a couple of mechanics and they don't know where it is. I email a Nissan dealer and their mechanics don't know either. According to what I've read this sensor causes my car to stall and hesitate. Thank you!

Reply to
Josh A

Sounds like you need to find a new Nissan mechanic! :) It's located on top of the water outlet tube. You'll see two in the area. The smaller one is the temperature gauge sender and the larger is the ECT. It simply unscrews, but you'll need to do the swap fast since you'll loose some coolant. Pick up a Haynes manual -- it has pictures/directions.

Reply to
Dan

Hi, You're rite Dan, I need a new mechanic, I know where the sensor is now. Thank you very much!

Reply to
Josh A