DAS
"Pooh Bear" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com...
On 2006-02-07 15:33:19 -0800, Pooh Bear

Actually Apple's Safari is the first mass distribution browser to pass the acid2 web standards test AFAIK.
You can try it in your browser here:
http://www.webstandards.org/act/acid2/test.html
Pooh Bear wrote:

But I use the browser as well. Many websites will not be handled correctly by Netscape 4.x, and, in my case, caused the application to freeze. Also, using an insecure OS like Win 98 doesn't help matters either.
Arif Khokar wrote:

Obviously an older browser won't handle websites with all the clutter features that exist now.
I use Opera for browsing.
What's so insecure about W98(SE) btw ?
Graham

Turn Javascript off. This is a recording.
Richard Sexton wrote:

Look at the headers of my message. Does it look like I'm using Netscape 4.x to post? (IOW, I want to be able to post to usenet and browse the web using the same application ... hence why I use the Mozilla suite).
But your advice is sound for websites that can "bypass" the built-in pop-up blocker in Mozilla and Firefox.
Message from Richard Sexton written on 2/4/2006 1:19 AM:

Man, get off of that thing. These are what you want...
http://www.mozilla.com/firefox /
And/Or...
http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird /

The Yugo of browsers. Bah.
Use Opera: http://opera.com
Message from Richard Sexton written on 2/4/2006 3:45 PM:

Fine too. I figured you were married to the Mozilla base.
On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 04:22:24 GMT, "Tom Lawrence"

Are you taking this skit on the road soon?
************************* Dave
DTJ wrote:

Thats not true. More people in general use OE. Thats because it comes free with windows. It's already installed on their computers.
It's ironic that if you are replying to a message in usenet the so called accepted practice is to bottom post. Yet, in the business world when replying to an email the reply goes at top.

Which shows just how professional some of the whiners are.
Interesting observation Miles, I'd seen what you are saying, but never gave it a second thought.
--
Max

That's primarily because business people don't know shit about technology.
I have this discussion with my wife. I had trained her NOT to top post in reply to emails.
She kept getting messages back from other attorneys saying "you didn't say anything". They were so lazy, they didn't even scroll down to see her replies.
YMMV Marty
Martin Joseph wrote:

Never mind that top posting in a business conversation is the most efficient way in following up in a continuing dialogue (much like newsgroup posting) and you made your poor wife look like a fool.
Man - have you guys started a religion about not top posting? I thought I was anal-retentive! You are making a big deal about absofrigginlutely nothing, and your poor wife certainly realizes it too.
Martin Joseph wrote:

You shouldn't have to scroll to see what the person emailing you wrote. There have been arguments about top or bottom posting on just about every newsgroup. Everyone has their own opinion and reasons why.
I have no problem scrolling to the bottom and moving up if I want to read through all the messages leading up the newest. Thing is, with top posting I have that choice. With bottom posting the reader is forced to scroll through everything. Reverse order makes more sense to me, most current message on top. Why people get confused is beyond reason. In the end it really doesn't matter but some people really get bent out of shape about it.
Martin Joseph wrote:

You may want to suggest that she delete text that she's not directly responding to. That will shorten the length of the post (sometimes considerably). This will lessen, or even eliminate, the need to scroll down. Note that I deleted the first 13 lines of the post I responded to. Had I not, you most likely would have had to scroll down to read my reply.
Both and posting have and There cogent thoughtful to made and each Arguing which is is
On Sat, 4 Feb 2006, Arif Khokar wrote:

top bottom styles benefits drawbacks. are and arguments be for against style. about one "best" stupid.
Daniel J. Stern wrote:

I I t t r ' h h e h m e i l a n e v c m g v e o e a n s a n y c s n t e e a d t r g t n e t e t e h x o d t e t , h n s e a e i y t n e f ' y d r p a o e e t n n y e r w p a e h e r i p a g s l t t u y h m n i t e e o n h i n t g e r t y d t p t i o w e h r , a r a e n t t c t t i t h e n t l e d a o y n n p t t r t o p e h r o s e s e s p y a s t o y p i n s . o n d h n g i o s n u I e h g l f a d b s t o e o j n l a u e o a s w b n t i e y s i n d , t e s e . f p l t i e e h t c t e . i e n f i t o A c h n s e l p y f a w a r h q r t o u l o a o e t s f e