Dakota Diesel

Page 3 of 3
TBone wrote:

OK, so you have NOTHING to say! Figures!
wrote in message

I have nothing to say because I don't have a clue as to what you are talking about, asswipe. Now either grow a spine and make a valid point or go crawl back into the cesspool that you came from.

TBone wrote:

We can agree on that

Agreed again

I want to put a diesel motor in a Dakota. Did I not explain myself the first time?

Butt Munch! I could keep this up all day!

Yup, and you are so brave coming out with your REAL NAME and address!

Tell me all about cesspools, it sounds like you are an expert.

wrote in message

are
Who the hell cares what you want to do. My comment was about Dodge doing it being a huge mistake and it would be and they know it. How old are you anyway, 16?

At least that might be something that you could keep up but I doubt even that.

When dealing with immature bottem feeders like yourself, using a real name is an act of stupidity and do you really expect me to believe that the name you are using is real, LOL.

I have sadly become one replying to people like you.

Has anyone converted a Dakota to a diesel system?
NapalmHeart wrote:

I guess I'll be the first =)
Supposedly, they build (built) Dak Diesels in Brazil. Got a 2.5L Detrioit Diesel with 221 Ft/lb torque. This would make it comparable to my old 3.9L gas Dak. I'm in the market for around 300 Ft/lb, so the Brazilian Dak won't cut it. One of the Mercedes motors will likely do the trick for me.
-GB

I recall a site where a guy dropped a 3.9L Cummins into his Dakota. Took a bit of doing, but it came out pretty nice.
Of course, there's always the Banks Sidewinder truck :)

have you looked at the italin made engine used in the liberty. it has the numbers your looking for.
--
----------------------------
-Chris
Chris Thompson wrote:

That motor is Italian made? Who makes it?

VM Motori, makes it run a google search on "Jeep Liberty diesel" and you can pull up all kinds of reviews and news articles on the truck and engine. it puts out roughly 160 hp and 300 ftlbs of torque. impressive considering the truck weighs roughly 1/4 ~ 1/2 what a lwb ram does. I believe if I was to drag race my truck against my wife's liberty id loose hands down, and my ram is no slouch.
--
----------------------------
-Chris
Chris Thompson wrote:

Did some googling. I think the Motori motor would give me what I want. I'd simply go out and buy a Liberty but an SUV, particularly a small one, won't cut it for me. Now, if they made a Liberty *pickup*, that would be another matter.
Motori is a division of Detroit Diesel.
Anyway, thanks for the link!

where did you see that they are part of Detriot Diesel? ive looked on thier site and see no such mention. although GM Daewoo appears to have leased use of 2 engine designs from them.
--
----------------------------
-Chris
Chris Thompson wrote:

Saw it on one of the Jeep Liberty pages I googled up.

http://www.everytime.cummins.com/every/misc/rule.jsp
Laszlo Almasi
Chris Thompson wrote:

Read the third paragraph down on this website, Detroit Diesel acquired VM Motori in 1995. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VM_Motori
JPH
JPH wrote:

It's tough to keep track of who owns who with all these buyouts.