Election Results

Page 1 of 6
Wow!!
It would seem that a pretty strong message was sent nationally. Here in MA we have a D for gov. first time in 16 years. Also a black man who did some
impressive thing's during the campaign. He is a strong advocate of stem cell research. So that bodes well. Hopefully this country get's turned around.
Roy elucidated:

[small snip]

I understand that, coincidentally, the crime rate in DC dropped considerably! ;^) Bryan

i agree with you as far as a strong message being sent. i am surprised at the volume! lets hope the politicos listen.

In this area it was about equal to a presidential election.
>lets hope the politicos listen.
Ya, there is a lot of arrogance in DC.
Roy wrote:

Nothing has really changed here in Texas. It never does.

Quite a bit in Utah, as well. :->
Craig C.
ever heard of Bush-wacker listening to anybody.?

diddlywhoot wrote:

Umm ... no? Not really sure what you're asking here.
I did find it interesting that rather than the usual 2 bad choices that Texans had to choose from for governor, there were 4 bad choices.
Perry (Republican) was re-elected with 39% of the vote. I wonder if it has crossed his mind yet that 61% of the state, doesn't want him in office? Two reasons:
1) More toll roads. (I already pay road tax ... what is that used for?) 2) Trans-Texas Corridor. (Environmental nightmare ... and being constructed by a mexican owned company. Hear that giant sucking sound? It's our jobs.)
Craig C.

Turned from what to what?

I guess that you must feel that everything is running along just fine. If so I'm happy for you.

Just asking for a little detail.

what's a detail?

Something that seems to evade those on the left.

And yet, the left won anyway.

NapalmHeart wrote:

Hopefully:
1) FROM fiscal irresponsibility TO fiscal responsibility. 2) FROM sending our jobs overseas TO keeping them here. 3) FROM no environmental policy TO reasonable environmental restrictions. 4) FROM oil TO alternative energy. 5) FROM religous based decisions (stem cells) TO separation of church and state. 6) FROM war TO peace. 7) FROM status quo TO a world leader in technology and forward thinking. 8) FROM being disrespected TO being respected (in the world scene).
Again ... hopefully. Oh, and now that the Dems are in ... where's my free pony?
:-) Craig C.

That just about sums it up imo as well. One major thing is the S Court. As well as federal judge appointments.
Roy
Suddenly, without warning, Craig C. exclaimed (10-Nov-06 1:24 AM):

Well, we can hope, but even with the best leadership I doubt #6 will happen. Too many people out there that hate us now (really need #8). Even in friendly countries (in which I've been living) the general opinion of America as a country has dropped considerably (our current government's fault + how the media reports it, IMHO). Which makes living in even friendly foreign countries that much more... interesting.
My main hopes are #3 and #4. Get #4, we're a long way toward #3 and #6 at a minimum.
However, I doubt things will change for the better just 'cause the Dems have a majority in Congress just now. And I'm not sure a Democrat president would be the answer either. Both parties are pretty hopeless in my opinion, I'd like to see a strong Independent win. We're supposed to be a multi-party nation, not a two-party nation...
jmc

I totally agree. And I'd be *happy* if we got that much within the next decade.

Again, totally agree. I wish our choices in elected officials were better. I *never* feel good when I leave the voting booth. Probably because instead of voting *for* a candidate, I always seem to be voting *against* the worse of two evils.
Craig C.
The real power is in the primaries. By the time I vote, it's either Tweedle Dumb, or Tweedle Dumber.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.
"Craig C." wrote:

What would be nice are term limits. But that won't ever happen. Not many jobs out there where you can give yourself a raise.
No, Roy, it wasn't the Dems that voted in the liberal minority ( Fox Poll: USA: 80% Conservative, 20% Liberal) it was the Conservatives that were (complacent, too busy, "my-vote-doesn't-count", uninterested, unregistered, or too darn lazy [pick any and all you want])
A vote cast counts for whom it was cast, a vote not cast votes for the opposition.
--
Budd Cochran