Fianally recalled my truck

Diesel automatics from '01 and up on are getting a software upgrade to install an alarm to avoid reverse runaways... seems like all these guys that
commented on their trucks backing up after putting in park were right!! Someone in here owes a bunch of them an apology... Think it'll get done? M.
--

Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right, and the
other is a husband!!

So, there has been a problem with the trucks slipping from park to reverse and Chrysler's fix is a warning horn?
Jigger wrote:

==================I know of 2 tsb's that concern movement after placing the tranny in park. One address's a transfercase module scenario on 4x4s, the other is a parking pawl defect.
tsb E18 tsb E14
~:~ MarshMonster ~:~
Ya know . . .in my 30+ years of driving, including Ford automatics, I've never had a single transmission go into reverse when I made sure it was firmly and properly placed in "PARK" . . . . .
--
Budd Cochran

John 3:16-17, Ephesians 2:8-9

I guess you were lucky. Was a common happening yeas ago.
Roy

Audi had an issue with it, and so did Ford IIRC.

Seems to me that when Audi got caught with the problem, (with the help of 60 minutes, I think?), they put a switch on the brake like Ferd used so that it wouldn't come out of park without pressure on the brake pedal??
Mac

Think so. Everyones using interlocks now...so..I cant figure out why the Dodge would be an issue either..

Because they don't always work. My wife's Intrepid was recalled for that very reason.
"aka-SBM" < snipped-for-privacy@fuckoff.com> wrote in message

In most cases I would be willing to bet that it isn't the vehicles fault.. if the driver is in too much of a hurry to apply the parking brake, then you can bet he didn't take the time to ENSURE he had properly placed the tranny in park. BTW, my tranny won't come out of park (if properly put into park) without the brake on, M.

were any of them automatics? *g*
did anyone else think of "senior moment" when they read the "recalled my truck" topic?? Mac
mac davis wrote:

It's not that I like relating with you guys....but....being as the chevy rooms gone to hell.....
speaking of Senior moments...
I had a old guy "show" me how he was checking his tranny fluid a couple 8 years ago. He came to the shop saying his fluid level was wrong. After I checked the level for him and informed him it was correct, he comenced to inform me that I had to be wrong.
So....after chatting him up for a while, I asked him to come out and check it himself.
It wasn't long after walking outside that I found out............ he checks his fluid with the car in gear......parked against the garage, because "someone" told him to check it in gear. Needless to say...he left a happy cussingmer.
still makes me chuckle
~:~ marsh ~never,ever,never....ever.....say you've seen it all~