Re: Chinese Tires Are Ordered Recalled

Which brand name tires are manufactured in America nowadays? I need to buy some new tires for my old van.Wait untill those Mexicans driving those made in Mexico or who knows where trucks start showing up in America/all over America, there will be accidents and deaths galore.

Dog food.Well, I own a little Blue Heeler Australian Cattle Dog and I always buy Pro Pac dog food

at a local veterinary supply store for my dog.(she owns the couch) No doubt some of y'all own some dogs and cats too.Don't let your pets get sick and die. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

It's hard to say. But I find most good brands are made in the first world somewhere. Foreign brands made in the USA, european brands made in Japan, etc and so forth.

Reply to
Brent P

I always buy a tire manufactured by a reputable company in one of their manufacturing plants. I check the DOT manufacturing code on the sidewall and verify the city/country/plant owner of the manufacturing facility. If the tire says Good Year on the label I double check that Good year owns the manufacturing facility it was produced at and that it was not subcontracted out.

Reply to
Richard

It's too bad we have to do that. It would be nice if we could trust that products being sold in the USA were actually good safe products, without having to go to the store, get the specific information, and then go back and research that information before making the actual purchase.

Reply to
friesian

My goodyear tires are domestic. It says so right on the tire. I told the tire place that I would only accept made in USA tires last time, and they checked every tire to make sure. It's as simple as actually checking.

Reply to
scott21230

Score 1 for the good old US of A. I used to specify that my tires NOT be made here. When they first started making radials here they were pretty bad.

Reply to
Steve Austin